Friday, May 2, 2014

The Welcome

Traditional Irish





Performed by Tommy Fleming

On each and every single day
I promise I will kneel and pray
And I'll listen to what you have to say
And then when my day is done
And I want to be alone
These tokens will help me on my way

Refrain:

A key to the door, a ship to the shore
A place on that last bus going home
A key to the door, a ship to the shore
The candle in the window and the welcome



As I walk these empty streets alone
I feel your hand upon my own
There's comfort in your company today
And I can smile at days gone by
Before there was a you and I
Those crazy days when I strayed away

Seasons come and seasons go
The wheels turn round fast and slow
The more I find out, the less I know
But now my heart is longing for
A night beside the ocean's roar
A place on that last boat to your door.

No comments:

Post a Comment