Friday, December 21, 2012

When I Had You

Words and Music by John Ryan and Billy Brown




Performed by Daniel O'Donnell

If all of the years since I left you
Could be turned back and relived again
I'd know this time never to doubt you
Or turn away when you whisper my name

In all of the time that I wandered
Lost from your love's gentle care
Sure that I knew where the road led
But only to find nothing there

When I had you I had something to hold on to
Someone to talk to, to see me through


If I'd seen then what I see clearly now
I'd never have stopped loving you

Well I thought I could find my own way
And show you how it could be done
But I've seen and I've tried all the others
Now I know there can be only one

Now I have you I have something to hold on to
Someone to talk to, to see me through
If I'd seen then what I see clearly now
I'd never have stopped loving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment