Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Two Guitars

Music by Ivan Vasiliev
English Lyrics by Helmut Lotti and Wim Bohets
Performed by Helmut Lotti




Two guitars are gently playing
In the silence of the night
Two guitars are softly weeping
For a love far out of sight

Two guitars caressed so smoothly
Whisper sweet things in my ears
Songs of love so unforgotten
Even after all those years

Oh, please, one more time
Let me hear it one more time
Oh, please, anytime, play it
Play it all the time

Yeshtsho, yeshtsho raz
Yeshtsho mnoga mnoga raz


With every chord the strings are peeling
Layers of hard skin from my soul
With every chord the songs revealing
Older tears that did not roll
Two guitars tear at my heart
And made my teardrops fall
But feeling sad is more alive
Than not feeling at all

How I'd like this soothing sound
To last forever more
But I'm used to sad goodbyes
From all those many times before
Two guitars are slowly leaving
In the silence of the night
Looking for new souls to play to
Sadness or delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment