Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Bird without Wings

Lyrics by Mike Chapman
Music by Phil Coulter
Performed by Damian McGinty (Celtic Thunder)



Like a bird without wings
That longs to be flying
Like a motherless child
Left lonely and crying
Like a song without words
Like a world without music
I wouldn’t know what to do
I’d be lost without you
Watching over me

I get so lonely when you’re away
I count every moment
I wait every day
Until you’re home again
And hug me so tight
That’s when I know everything is all right


You’re my guardian angel
My light and my guide
Your hand on my shoulder
And you by my side
You make everything beautiful
You make me complete
Everything in my world I lay at your feet

Like a church with no steeple
Where a bell never rings
In a town without people
Where no voice in the choir ever sings
If a boat on the ocean
Would be lost with no sail
Then without your devotion
Surely all that I dreamed of would fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment